Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Creative Portraiture



We all have them... You know, the albums stored away in the closet at mom’s house, packed full with humiliating images of ourselves. What were our parents thinking when they bought those ridiculous outfits?? The florescent colors and the bow-ties!? I don’t know about you but anytime I brought a girl over to mom’s house, I absolutely dreaded the thought of looking at my childhood portraits.

So recently I decided I wanted to make a change. I am tired of portraits that make every single child look exactly the same. I am tired of the ordinary!

Come on! It’s such a tragedy that kids are so unique and so full of personality; and so much of that uniqueness and personality is lost in their portraits.

So starting this month, Imagen Photography will be offering a new line of Creative Portraiture. No more carpet boxes, no more blue jeans with white shirts, and most of all, no more cookie cutter children.

Let’s start capturing our children in their environment, the way they really are. Imagen Photography now offers “in-home” portrait sessions. We will come to your home and photograph your children in their own element. Or, if you prefer, we’ll go outside to a park or maybe their school playground and capture the true personality of your child. Let’s break away from the ordinary… Let’s get creative!

I did these photos of my nephew in his grandmother's basement. No studio lights, no fancy equiptment, just me and Xavier and a couple house lamps for light. I think because he was in a familiar place he was able to warm right up to the camera. He is so freakin' cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment